Thursday, November 22, 2007

Seriously, 1000 Apologies

First off, I want to apologize to everyone for the lack of blog entries over the past month. I would like to come up with excuses that were somewhat valid, but alas I have no one to blame but myself. The internet in Kochkor works on a fairly regular basis, I have free time daily, and there is always plenty to write about.

To be honest, though, I really could say all three excuses could work. The internet is always down or somebody else is using the one computer whenever I go to the cafĂ©. The new Alan Greenspan book is over 500 pages long and that definitely took some time (by the way, thanks Mom and Dad!). And finally, material isn’t as easy to come by as it once was. Things have started to normalize for me here, even though by Western standards things aren’t normal at all. I got into an argument with a sheep the other day. How often did that happen to me in the States (for the record, I won the argument)? I guess my point is that things don’t seem strange to me anymore and what used to hit me as an idea for a blog entry have recently just become a part of life. That either means things aren’t as crazy here as they were or I am getting adjusted. Most people I talk to make it seem like the later is more likely the case.

All that being said, there is no excuse for leaving my family and friends to wonder what is going on in my daily life. I hope I that all of you who have been patiently checking for my updates are happy to see the process resume and that you will please let the others who gave up hope long ago that I am back and will try my hardest to complete the third goal of the Peace Corps: “To educate Americans about the peoples and cultures of host nations.”

So, without further ado, I will start writing some more blogs and taking more pictures to send over the ol’ internet. Keep responding to the blog or sending emails. It is definitely a pick up in the spirit when I get an email I am not expecting. Stay safe and warm everybody and I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: