Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bob Dylan won a freakin' Pulitzer!

Judging from the fact that my only sponsor (and I use that word lightly) is Manas Petroleum, I assume that most of my readership is of the age that they not only know Bob Dylan, but know a little bit about his heyday from personal experience. Even my 18-25 year old demographic should know a thing or two about America’s Greatest Living Poet (according to me) from some of the awesome albums he has put out in the past few years. If you haven’t bought Modern Times, you seriously need to, no matter what your taste in music. It even has a song from a Victoria’s Secret commercial in it!

Long story short, I love Bob Dylan and apparently so does the Columbia University School of Journalism, who recently awarded him the Pulitzer Prize for his “profound impact on popular music and American culture.” He is the first rock artist to receive such an honor. According to Sig Gissler, the administrator of the program, “He has had a great impact on both music and culture. His compositions have a powerful poetic quality to them that I think helped set him apart.”

Not really much else to say about it. I just want everybody to know how awesome Bob Dylan is and you should all go out and buy a couple of his albums. Immediately.

1 comment:

THOMAS GRASTY said...

I was totally taken aback by this announcement regarding Dylan and Pulitzer. But certainly well deserved.

And it seems you're a fan, so I thought I'd introduce you to my new novel, BLOOD ON THE TRACKS, which I think you'd enjoy.

It's a murder-mystery. But not just any rock superstar is knocking on heaven's door. The murdered rock legend is none other than Bob Dorian, an enigmatic, obtuse, inscrutable, well, you get the picture...

Suspects? Tons of them. The only problem is they're all characters in Bob's songs.

You can get a copy on Amazon.com or go "behind the tracks" at www.bloodonthetracksnovel.com to learn more about the book.