Friday, March 28, 2008

PDM

I am in Bishkek this weekend after finishing a week long Project and Design Management Workshop hosted by Peace Corps and your Federal Tax dollars. So, I would like to thank all of you who supported our little get together. It is greatly appreciated.
The workshop was a great success. I brought a community member from Kochkor and we designed a judge training workshop throughout the week, instantly applying what we had learned earlier in the day. All we need to do now is trick a few people into giving us some money and we basically will have saved the world. All in a day's work.
Nothing else too exciting to report. I did learn a lot of Kyrgyz while doing this seminar and I actually stumbled across something that has become my new outlook on life: in the Kyrgyz language, excited and nervous are the same word. From now on, I plan to approach life from that very same perspective: nervous is just a different kind of excited and should be treated as such. I didn't want to get too philosophical, but I thought I should share that insight.
Good luck with your tournament brackets. Georgetown losing hurt me pretty bad.

No comments: